Monday, January 23, 2012

The BIG loss Part 2!

Starting where we left off, after 2006 came to a close, I had reached my goal of a size 14. I had lost about 80 lbs. I had a new short hair cut, and I had met a new guy. (If you are a reader of Meet the Major's you are familiar with this particular fellow)
June 2007, Oregon Caves

The next year and a half was spent losing slowly, falling in love, and then planning a wedding. On my wedding day I was the thinnest I had ever been. Sliding into size 8 jeans, feeling great, and becoming a wife! Life in the spring of 2008 was awesome! In fact everyday with my husband is amazing. (I know this part is mushy, but really he is the best!)
March 8, 2008!!
Oh married life, it is so fantastic and happy. You know what happens when people are genuinely happy and in love.....weight gain. Yep that's right...here comes the part of the story where I gain some back. I maintained for a while, but here's the thing, we are foodies. We love going out to nice dinners, and we love delicious food. The biggest issue was that in the early years of our marriage we didn't have a whole lot of money (like most newlyweds, we were broke) so we would go out on 1 really nice date and pretend to be rich, and to compensate for the money we spent we would eat ramen noodles and hamburger helper the rest of the month. Oh hello 40lbs, not so nice to see you again!
My sweet sorority sister's wedding, May 2010



I lost about 15 lbs after this wedding, but then....


March 2011, 9 months pregnant with Madison!

So here I am, 5 years after my surgery with the most beautiful baby in the world (I'm a touch biased) and feeling much larger than I would like. And I was not okay with this!

 June 2011, Texas with baby Madi.

So I decided to make a commitment to be the best Mom I can, the best wife I can, and the healthiest me I could be! Starting in July 2011 I started working out, and concentrating on my diet.

In October I committed to working out 5 days a week, and I have only missed about 5 days since, due to sick kids. I am proud to say that I have a clear mission for my health, and I am not intending to stop anytime soon. I hope this blog will inspire you, challenge you, and help you to find yourself being the best YOU that you can be!
 The 2nd week of January 2012.


3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!! So proud to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking smashing darling! So SO Happy for you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you are having a not so motivated day. You can't underestimate the power of support. Congratulations on your commitments to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Ryan!! You look fantastic!! Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete