Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scary new ideas!!!!

I am in a women's bible study on Monday night, and in our lesson we were talking about when the Lord brings us to something he wants it to be hard. He drives us to be dependant on him. Then I watched the sermon from Pastor Daniel (www.visitlifepoint.org) and he was talking about the same thing. When you have an idea or feel the Lord telling you to do something and you think...'there is NO way I can do this' it's a pretty good indication that it is God.

So a few weeks ago I had one of these moments. I felt compelled to become a personal trainer and teach group exercise classes. What?! Me?! I still cannot believe these words are coming out of my mouth, er fingers to keyboard.

I still feel like I have a long way to go in my on fitness, but I also know that I want to help other women like me. I want people to know that it is never too late, or too much weight to lose. It can be done! I want to inspire people, and teach them what little I know. I want to share my experiences with them and help them learn from my mistakes!

I am so excited and terrified about this new venture that I was very tentative about sharing it with people, let alone putting it on here. Because then it becomes real. Then I must follow through!

I hope I can do it, I know I can't do it alone. I will be leaning heavily into God and this will require a ton of prayer!! My hope is to become certified by the end of the summer if not sooner!! EEEEP!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I can really see you helping many people as a personal trainer. You are very good at motivating people. I remember one time at nueces canyon when I had an awful run and felt like I was not good at cutting. You came out to my trailer and encouraged me through my tears to show again and not give up.

    God doesn't make it easy but he keeps pushing you to go in that direction. When I started law school I kept doubting myself. I heard Mike Randolph's sermon about God telling Moses to go back to Egypt and how Moses must have been questioning that as he rode his donkey back to Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I typed that on my phone and it didn't post the rest. Mike Randolph's discussion of Moses and his journey inspired me to continue on my own. I realized that even when things didn't seem quite right, there was a constant force telling me that law school and a career in the law was where I needed to be. My patience (or lack thereof sometimes) did work out and I am getting to do the things that I love now. Everything that I went through to get here has served a purpose.
    By the way, I love reading your posts here and on fb. It seems like you're not so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is EXCITING news! and i can see how it would be scary at the same time. If you've got that passion to help others in their fitness it's definitely something you should follow! I believe that God gives us passions for various things throughout our lives, and uses our natural talents to enhance those passions and draw people to Him. Think what an awesome opportunity you'd have to change someone's life. There's a message by Andy Stanley- and I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it- but he talks about doing what you can for who you can. To elaborate- some people try to change the world a society at a time. He posits that you do all you can for who you can and you invest deeply in them. You'll be in a position to reach someone and invest into them like this, and I think that's a tremendous blessing just waiting to overflow into other areas of your life. Hope this is encouraging as you feel God drawing you closer and closer to personal training :) I think you'll be awesome at it!

    ReplyDelete