Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Measurements!!

We all know what the first of the month means....M DAY!!!

I have neglected this blog a little in the last couple weeks because I thought I had hit a really annoying plateau. I stayed right in the same 2lb range for 2 weeks and it is so frustrating. I weigh myself more than I should, and I am pledging to yall that the excessive weighing stops today! From now on it's once a week!

I would like to recognize what happens when you are nearing the end of your weight loss journey and entering in to maintenance. When you start out very heavy and add in diet and exercise your body will release a lot weight quickly and you will love seeing those high numbers on the scale. As you lose more and more you will stop losing as much quickly. Part of it is the building of muscle from time in the gym because muscle weighs more than fat, and part of it is science. The best thing to do is focus in on diet and hit it hard in the gym! Do new exercises, try other stuff, keep that body on its toes and guessing!!

Check out this article...for more info. http://www.dietbites.com/Diet-Ground-Zero/3.html

So I kicked it up in the gym and focused in on my water intake and low and behold while there wasn't a drastic change in weight this month, I am pretty satisfied with my inches lost. I know I am toning up, and I feel myself getting stronger. My endurance is better, I can lift more weight in BodyPump, and my flexibility is at an all time high! So here are the stats!

From M-day Last Month I have lost....

6 lbs

3/4 inch from the Bust

1 inch from my waist

Hips stayed the same (grrrrr)

1/2 inch from my right arm

1/4 inch from my left arm

1 inch from my right thigh

1/2 inch from my left thigh

3/4 inch from my neck


 
1st week of January 2012


 
                                 Feb 1st 2012                                                               March 1st 2012

There is a great blog by Drew Manning about plateaus and yall should read it. If you haven't been following his story start now!!!! http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/2012/02/plateau-breakthrough/

1 comment:

  1. way to go ryan! so proud of the way you stick to it girl :) you look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete